How You Qualify

Your may qualify to come to Canada for permanent or temporary residency through one of several appropriate options. They all fall into categories:

Federal Skilled Worker Class

Skilled workers are selected as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada. In this category an applicant must collect 67 points on a special scale. In addition one may need to have one of the following:

  1. An Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) from a Canadian employer.
  2. Have at least one year of documented work experience within the last 10 years in one of the occupation categories.

You will be assessed on six selection factors and be allotted the points on such basis. As of June 30th, 2011, Ministerial instructions your application is eligible for processing if:

  • Applicants who have an offer of arranged employment; or
  • Applicants who are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed below:
  1. Restaurant and Food Service Managers
  2. Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
  3. Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
  4. Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
  5. Biologists and Related Scientists
  6. Architects
  7. Specialist Physicians
  8. General Practitioners and Family Physicians
  9. Dentists
  10. Pharmacists
  11. Physiotherapists
  12. Registered Nurses
  13. Medical Radiation Technologists
  14. Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
  15. Licensed Practical Nurses
  16. Psychologists
  17. Social Workers
  18. Chefs & Cooks
  19. Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
  20. Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
  21. Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)
  22. Industrial Electricians & Plumbers
  23. Welders & Related Machine Operators
  24. Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
  25. Crane Operators
  26. Drillers & Blasters — Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction
  27. Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service

Please *contact us* with your details today for a free assessment, and we will advise you if we think you qualify for this program or if another program seems to be more suitable for you.

Family Sponsorships

To feel like home, a person needs to have the loved ones around and Canada knows how important it is to help families who come from other countries to reunite in Canada. The Canadian Government has a special program for those who wish to sponsor a relative – Family Reunification.

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent).

The sponsored person can become a permanent resident and can live, study and work in Canada. The sponsor is responsible for supporting the relative financially when he or she arrives.


You are a spouse if you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legally valid.

If you were married in Canada:

You must have a marriage certificate issued by the a Canadian province or territory where the marriage took place.

If you were married outside Canada:

The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.

A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.

Sponsoring your same-sex partner as a spouse

You can apply to sponsor your same-sex partner as a spouse if:

you are a Canadian citizen and permanent resident and

you were married in Canada and issued a marriage certificate by a Canadian province or territory.

If you were married outside Canada, you may apply to sponsor your same-sex partner as a spouse as long as the marriage is legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under Canadian law.

Common-law Partner

You are a common-law partner—either of the opposite sex or same sex—if you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted.

Conjugal partner

This category is for partners—either of the opposite sex or same sex—in exceptional circumstances beyond their control that prevent them from qualifying as common-law partners or spouses by living together.

Dependent children

A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner

is a full-time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22) or

is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

Feel free to contact our office via email, phone or setting up an initial consultation to learn more about the Family Class Sponsorship.

Business Immigration

The Investor category

Investors must have successfully operated, controlled or directed a business and they must have accumulated, through their own efforts, a tangible net worth of at least $1,600,000 Canadian dollars.  The applicant will be required to make an investment of $800,000 Canadian dollars, payable to the Receiver General for Canada in Federal Fund, or as per Provincial Government instructions in case of Provincial-Quebec Fund.  The investment is subsequently allocated to participating provinces and territories in Canada, which use the funds for job creation and economic development.  The full amount of the investment (without interest) is repaid to the investor after approximately five years.

We can facilitate financing for the $800,000 investment, freeing you to use your remaining funds for whatever purposes you wish (the financing route is approximately $160,000 Canadian dollars). Irrespective of whether you use the financing option, your funds are completely secure as they are guaranteed by the Federal Government or by the Province of Quebec. This program is generally the fastest and most efficient immigration option for businessmen, entrepreneurs, industrialists, senior managers and other high-net-worth individuals.

The Entrepreneur category

The Entrepreneur program seeks to attract business persons and entrepreneurs who have a net worth of at least CDN $300,000, and want to establish or actively manage a business in Canada after migrating to Canada.  Once in Canada, in order to maintain permanent residency, the Entrepreneur must actively manage a qualifying business for at least one year and provide full-time employment to at least one Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

The Self-employed Category

The Self-Employed program seeks to attract immigrants who can demonstrate that they have the relevant experience, intention and ability to economically establish themselves in Canada by creating their own employment and contributing significantly to Canada's cultural or artistic life, athletics, or through the purchase and management of a farm in Canada.

If you still do not meet the above criteria, our firm has the capability to provide you with alternative business investment immigration options in other countries

In each case, or ‘stream’ which we list, the new immigrant is referred to as ‘the applicant.’ We’ve used different words so that you can identify the routes if you are reading immigration documents and regulations on your own. You will no doubt see the advantage of hiring a reputable, licensed, honest and established agent to help you navigate your way. I Can Help Services hopes to lend you that helping hand under one of these qualifying categories. Take the Free Assessment to get the process started.

I- Family Stream 

To immigrate as a member of the Family Class, a person has to be sponsored by a close relative in Canada.

II- Economic Immigration Stream – which offers these ways to obtain a Permanent Residence (PR) status:

1.  Canadian Experience Class:

If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. You are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy. You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.


You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

be either:

  • a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
  • a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
  • apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
  • include the results of an independent language test (from an agency designated by CIC) with your application

Canadian Experience Class is based on pass or fails method. Applicants who do not provide accurate information or meet the set standards are rejected outright. The individuals who receive confirmation to their application may enjoy the status of permanent residents of Canada.

Feel free to contactour office via email, phone or setting up an initial consultation to learn more about the Canadian experience Class.

2. Provincial Nominee Program:

  • Applicant should have a qualified job offer from a Canadian employer, who is willing to submit an application to nominate the foreign worker.
  • The applicant is willing to invest in a qualified business in a Canadian province.

3. Entrepreneur or an Investor:

To qualify, an applicant in this category must demonstrate that they have business experience, a certain level of wealth, and that they are willing to invest in Canada.

4. Skilled Workers Class:

In this category an applicant must collect 67 points on a special scale. In addition you need to have one of the following:

  • An Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) from a Canadian employer.
  • Have at least one year of documented work experience within the last 10 years in one of the occupation categories.


There are new and recent Ministerial instructions for Federal Skilled Workers and iCan Help is well informed about these.

The most significant impact is as follows:

  1. If you belong to one of the 29 categories you can come in only one year.
  2. If you come as an investor, regulations require you to have $1.6 million in net worth. HOWEVER,

The basic amount of $800,000 – is the Federal Government’s requirement.

Of this, $580,000 can be financed through a facilitator and I Can Help Immigration Services can connect you with a facilitator to help finance this portion, making initial investment capital available and manageable.*

*I Can Help is a division of FFSG.CA which works with Desjardins Immigrant Investor Program. FFSG is an Authorized Desjardins Immigration Advisor (Advisor #28034)

*Founded in 1900 it is one of Canada’s leading banking institutions and a member of the Canada deposit Insurance Corporation. Desjardins is a facilitator authorize to manage the Canadian Immigrant.

40+ Years Experience

Read More

10,000+ Immigrant Cases

Read More

Free Immigration Assessment

Read More

Immigration Experts

Read More