Syed Khan – 18 September 2021,
The new ITA’s for the Parents and Grandparents Program will be issued by the IRCC starting September 20 over a course of two weeks. The IRCC is set to accept 30,000 new applications for the program with candidates who submitted an interest to sponsor form in fall 2020 undergoing random selection.
Summary of the Application Process:
- The new ITAs will be sent to the candidates on the email address included on the interest to sponsor form.
- The candidates who receive these new ITAs will be given 60 days to submit a full application.
- Once an ITA is received, the candidate has to complete two applications. They are – 1. Application to become a sponsor. 2. Application for permanent residence for parents or grandparents.
- Both the applications can be submitted online at once.
- Candidates should be careful and not fill out an application unless they receive an ITA. This is to avoid using any outdated forms or old instructions.
- Candidates who apply without receiving an ITA will not be refunded the application fee.
- The IRCC has said that it will make clear more information on how the application process works in the coming weeks.
- Quebec-based applicants should follow the province’s steps to sponsor their parents and grandparents.
Documents and Information needed to apply:
- Date of the candidate becoming a Canadian citizen.
- UCI or client ID number.
- Application fees: The fees when paid online, includes processing fees for the sponsor, the people being sponsored, and their dependents.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee
- Biometrics fee: to be paid when the application is submitted.
- Other Fees: The candidate may also need to pay fees to third parties for procedures like medical exam, police certificate etc.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit or Migrate to Canada, talk to I Can Help Immigration Services, Canada’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company to get the best help you need