Syed Khan – 5 October 2021,
Newfoundland and Labrador Immigration has recently launched a new program called the Pathways Job Matching program that will help immigrants, temporary foreign workers, and international students get hired easily. The program aims to help newcomers find full-time jobs more easily.
The provincial immigration has planned the following to attract more immigrants and foriegn workers to settle down and work in the province.
- Settlement services for immigrants and foreign workers including language training, foreign qualification recognition, and cultural supports
- Introducing a new online application system to make it easier and faster for newcomers to Canada to settle in the province
- Initiating a marketing campaign focused on attracting prospective residents from other parts of Canada and around the world
- Hiring more immigration staff, that can assist employers with immigration, and job seekers navigate the immigration system
- The inclusion of English as a Second Language instructors in the K-12 school system.
Quote by Gerry Byrne, the Newfoundland and Labrador Minister of Immigration, Population Growth, and Skills
“We are helping to address the workforce needs of employers and support population growth by directly matching employers in need with the people wanting to live and work here”
“The employers can provide detail on the vacancies of their full-time jobs, and the qualifying newcomers can provide their job qualifications,”
“Once that is done, immigration staff will begin matching newcomers who need jobs with employers who need workers.”
- Employers looking to hire can visit the Pathways Job Matching program website and provide information on their full-time job openings. They can submits details about their requirements and conditions. They can also email the province at email@example.com if they have any queries.
- International graduates in Newfoundland and Labrador who are seeking employment can fill out the registration form.
- The immigration officers will then match applicants to the labor needs of the prospective employer. In the future, all dates of applications intake will be announced on a regular basis on the province website.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit or Migrate to Canada, talk to I Can Help Immigration Services, Canada’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company to get the best help you need