Syed Khan – November 18, 2021
The British Columbia immigration, in its latest draw held on 16 November, issued 87 invitations to skilled workers and international graduates. The BC PNP Tech draws are aimed specifically at technology workers and feature up to four streams of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program.
About the BC PNP Tech draw:
● This draw was first launched in 2017 as a pilot project in response to the fast-
growing demand for talent in BC’s technology sector.
● It was made a permanent program in June 2021.
● The stream targets skilled workers and aims to expand the province’s pool of
● Invitations are issued on a weekly basis to candidates who qualify and who have
a valid job offers in one of the 29 eligible occupations.
● The minimum duration of the job offers when applying for BC PNP Tech must be
full-time for a duration of 365 days or more.
The BC PNP offers interested candidates three ways to apply for PR. Each pathway is
categorized into several different categories’ candidates can apply in. Choosing the
category depends on your NOC skill level, work experience, type of job, etc.
Till now, in 2021, British Columbia Immigration has invited over 10,000 candidates through various BC PNP streams. The Skilled Worker Stream of BC PNP targets skilled and semi-skilled workers in high-demand occupations in the province. It functions on a points-based invite system.
The minimum score to qualify for each stream was 80 points on the grid, with each of the streams being as follows:
- SI – Skilled Worker stream
- SI – International Graduate stream
- EEBC – Express Entry BC Skilled Worker stream
- EEBC – Express Entry BC International Graduate stream
For this stream, the job offer must be:
- For one of the 29 targeted occupations
- For at least the duration of one full year
- Valid for at least 120 days at the time of application
Occupations targeted under this stream are:
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Telecommunication carriers’ managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Software engineers and designers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Biological technologists and technicians
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- Computer network technicians
- Web designers and developers
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- Broadcast technicians
- Audio and video recording technicians
- User support technicians
- Information systems testing technicians
- Authors and writers
- Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
For more information, candidates can visit BC PNP (
contact ICanHelpImmigration Services for a detailed consultation.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit or Migrate to Canada, talk to I Can Help Immigration Services, Canada’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company to get the best help you need